Sojourner Truth House is located in Northwest Indiana. If you are looking for Sojourner Family Peace Center of Milwaukee, please click here.
Job Title: Client Services - Pantry
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports To: Client Services Specialist
Job Summary: Operates the food pantry, handling all paperwork, stock, inventory, and ordering as needed. Ensures excellent and efficient client service. Provides guidance, training and supervision to pantry volunteers.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment for a not-for-profit organization providing direct service to the economically disadvantaged
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of STH
- Honesty, confidentiality, integrity, creativity and resourcefulness are essential
- Ability to multi-task and attend to details
- Position requires good organizational skills, initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Access
- Constant and repeated lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying items up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Traveling may be required to perform assigned tasks; ability to operate a motor vehicle. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required
To learn more about this position, please contact or send your resume to:
Director, Human Resources-PHJC Ministries
574/935-1708 (office #)
574/935-1735 (fax #)