Served an average of 2,162 clients per month Clothed 2,286 clients Provided 11,462 meals
COFFEE & CONVERSATION
Attend our informal monthly gathering to learn more about our client services and collaborative partnerships. You will tour our facility and meet our dedicated co-workers and volunteers. Then you will hear about how STH assists clients in regaining independence and self-sustainability.
We design your visit around our service hours, while we are open to the community, so you can catch a glimpse into the inner workings of our ministry.
The next Coffee and Conversation event will take place on
Tuesday, September 17 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Tuesday, September 17 9am-11am
Thursday, October 17 1pm-3pm
Tuesday, November 19 9am-11am
Thursday, December 19 1pm-3pm
CLICK HERE for more information or to register for an upcoming Coffee and Conversation.
- Canned Vegetables (quantities of 12 or more per type, please)
HYGIENE/PERSONAL ITEMS/PAPER/HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS
- Maxi Pads (HEAVY DUTY)/Panty Liners
- Body Wash
- Toilet Paper
We need summer clothes, sizes 18 and up (2-6X) only.
We have more than enough of the other sizes at the moment and no space.
- Bags for Pantry Clients Groceries/Plastic Bags
- Food Storage Containers
- Dish Soap
- Bathroom Cleaner
- Shower Curtains
- Shower Rods
- Mattress Pads
- Hand Sanitizer
- Beds (Twin/Full/Queen mattress/box springs with frame)
- Dressers (bedroom)
- Melting Salt for Parking Lot
For a complete needs list and current donation hours please call Sojourner Truth House at (219) 885-2282.Read More
Thanks so much for considering our needs and the needs of our clients.
1) We believe that our clients deserve a decent start in life as they reclaim their independence. So, the same criteria we have for donated clothing holds for furniture and household items.
If you would not give the items you want to donate to your relatives, please do not expect us to take them.
Unfortunately, we do not have time to repair or clean items which do not meet our standards.
2) We take the following new or gently used furniture donations: twin, full and queen beds, kitchen tables and chairs, end tables, living room chairs and sofas, storage cabinets, gas stoves, washers and/or dryers. We can only accept WORKING flatscreen TV’s.
Thank you for your help and understanding.
20TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO